Do you need to get back in action after an injury or do you have a persistent injury that just keeps bothering you? Sports injuries do differ to everyday injuries and our physiotherapist will help you to optimise your sporting technique and performance.
Sports Physiotherapy is the specialised branch of physiotherapy which deals with injuries and issues related to sports people. Athletes normally require high level performance and demand placed upon their body, which stresses their muscles, joints and bones to the limit. Sports physiotherapists help athletes recover from sporting injuries, and provide education and resources to prevent problems.
Sport Rehabilitators have a strong focus on biomechanics, exercise rehabilitation and returning patients to high levels of function. Each sports physiotherapist usually has sport-specific knowledge that addresses acute, chronic and overuse injuries. Their services are generally available to sports men and women of all ages engaged in sports at any level of competition.
Sport Rehabilitators treat a range of injuries including:
- Back pain – lower back pain, sciatica, disc problems and more
- Pains and sprains in ankles, knees, shoulder groin, hip etc
- Post-operative rehabilitation – (spinal, shoulder and knee surgery, joint replacements)
- Total knee replacement rehabilitation
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Cruciate ligament rehabilitation
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Injuries with an uncertain diagnosis
- Post spinal surgery
- Post trauma, including fractures
- Chronic pain
- Repetitive strain injuries