Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy involves the treatment of disorders that affect how you move – how your muscles and joints work together. Whether it’s your feet, ankles and legs, your hands, arms and shoulders, or your backs and necks – an injury that makes it painful or difficult to move can have a big impact on your life.
Our team are specialists in the management of movement disorders. We will talk with you, observe your movement and use a hands-on assessment to evaluate your problem. We will take the time to explain your diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
Types of Treatment
- Basic anatomy education and advice regarding your condition
- Hands-on mobilisation and manipulation, as required, to free up the movement of your stiff joints
- Massage and stretching to loosen your tight muscles, joints and structures
- Specifically tailored exercises to strengthen your weak muscles and retrain movement, where pain or weakness has caused you to develop compensatory movement patterns
- Balance and coordination exercises
- Supervised and graded exercise programs
- These will commence with hands-on guidance to ensure you learn and develop the correct movement.
- To progress your strength, speed, flexibility and coordination, your physiotherapist will provide new exercises that increasingly challenge you.